On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
>> Hello Peter,
>>
>> I've added an enhanced version of your implementation for
>> citable URLS in the tool shed to change set revision
>> 8720:e27d0dd12752.  This is currently running on the test
>> tool shed, and viewing repositories now displays a link like this:
>>
>> I've used the same routes you set up, so both of the following work:
>>
>> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/mira_assembler
>> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/
>>
>> i was under a rush to get this in before the next release cutoff.
>> There is still some work to do on this (e.g., we can add additions
>> routes for citing a specific repository revision, etc) but this should
>> be a good start and it will be in the next Galaxy release currently
>> scheduled for next week.
>>
>> Thanks very much for your contribution on this and please let me
>> know if you encounter any issues or have any additional suggestions.
>>
>> Greg Von Kuster
>
> Quick work :)
>
> I've noticed one oddity, which is if I go one of the citable URLs like
> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/mira_assembler
> and then browse away to another section/repository/etc the URL
> in the browser's address bar does not update. You can be looking
> at repository B, but the address bar URL still says repository A.
>
> (This was one reason I stuck a redirect in my prototype).

Do you think this going to be easy to fix, or should we revert
to the redirect trick to avoid this 'stale' URL problem?

> Separately, but perhaps related, it would be nice if via the
> search or otherwise, the new URLs were automatically used -
> that would be slightly easier than copying it from the text of
> the page.
>
> However, this is already functional enough to start sharing
> direct links. Once this goes live, you'll have to brief the
> whoever writes the new tool alerts for Twitter to use it :)

I see the new citable URLs are already in use on the wiki
(but not yet working as the live ToolShed doesn't have this
update yet):

http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/ToolShedToolFeatures#Example_repositories_in_the_main_Galaxy_Tool_Shed_that_define_tool_dependencies

Regards,