Peter, I quite like this idea, and I think it might be possible to do as a
simple extension to the validator framework. Basically, a flag indicating
that failing a certain validation would be able to be considered a warning
rather than an error. Or, allow a validator to return a sentinel indicating
warning vs error.

--
James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology/CS, Emory University