<untested>
maybe the cookie path for each instance defined in universe_wsgi.ini needs
to be distinguishable if you're swapping between authenticated instances ?
</untested>

# If proxy-prefix is enabled and you're running more than one Galaxy
instance
# behind one hostname, you will want to set this to the same path as the
prefix
# in the filter above.  This value becomes the "path" attribute set in the
# cookie so the cookies from each instance will not clobber each other.
cookie_path = /galaxy

--
Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH;
Head, Medical Bioinformatics, BakerIDI; Tel: +61 385321444