Galaxy-Dev,

I have a new galaxy installation under Linux. It's running as an Apache proxy
(subdirectory) with authentication through galaxy (not apache).

When trying to register a new user (which will be the administrator), the
registration page declare success ("Now logged in as foo") but I am still just
an anonymous user. If I try to login, it appears to succeed but I'm still
anonymous. If I purposely enter the wrong password, the system complains as it
should but I never get proper credentials.

If I take away the Apache proxy configuration and run on the internal server,
the problem goes away: I can login as expected and get the correct environment.
The error is clearly here but I feel like I've followed the procedure written
on the wiki. Specifically,

Apache
-----------
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/galaxy$ /galaxy/ [R]
RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*) http://localhost:8082$1 [P]
# 8080 and 8081 are busy

Galaxy
---------
[filter:proxy-prefix]
use = egg:PasteDeploy#prefix
prefix = /galaxy
[app:main]
filter-with = proxy-prefix
cookie_path = /galaxy

Any idea of what might be wrong? Don't know if it matters but I'm using a MySQL
database. I can see new users and it seems to work well enough to complain when
bad passwords are entered.

--
Wes