Peter,

Thanks for reporting this issue, it looks like there might be a bug in tool_list.py, which I will be looking into. In the meantime, you should still be able to run functional tests for your tool by executing

sh run_functional_tests.sh -id <tool_id>

Where <tool_id> is the ID you have defined in the tool XML. The functional_tests.py script uses Galaxy's internal tool XML parser to generate the list of functional tests to run, so it should be able to find your tool and its tests.

   --Dave B.