On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM, James Taylor <ja...@jamestaylor.org> wrote:
> No it does not have root, and it is very important that we not install
> anything at the system level since we need to maintain version
> isolation. We should always be able to inject things into the
> environment so that Python/Perl/R look in the right place.

So is there any guidance on how that is best done?

Python has various options including virtual env, but I
doubt we can make any assumptions about the host
system's python - even which version exactly. Does
that mean installing Python modules locally and then
manipulating the PYTHONPATH is the best plan?