On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Dave Bouvier <d...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I noticed that the 'version' attribute of the install tag is set to '0.0.1',
> while the code currently only supports a version attribute of 1.0. When I
> duplicated the tool dependency xml locally and changed the version tag to:
>
>         <install version="1.0">

Do you mean it literally only looks for the string "1.0", which would
make sense if this is referring the the XML mini-language the
Galaxy Tool Shed is using (and not as I assumed the version
of the installation script)?

Could you update the installation code to treat anything else
as an error?

> The tool dependency downloaded and compiled correctly.
>
> Additionally, I would suggest changing the move_file action to:
>
>                  <action
> type="move_file"><source>NLStradamus</source><destination>$INSTALL_DIR/bin/</destination></action>
>
> So that it matches the $PATH environment variable setting.

Good catch - any preference for $INSTALL_DIR/bin/ versus
simply $INSTALL_DIR alone? The later is shorter and some
of the Galaxy command lines get very long and there are OS
limits on command string lengths...