Hi folks,
I am wanting to run a galaxy instance and serve it at a location other than
the webserver root, i.e. at  http://mymachine.com/galaxy rather than just
at http://mymachine.

To do this, I've followed the instructions about proxying Galaxy through
Apache at http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Apache%20Proxy.  I'm
pretty sure I've followed the instructions exactly.  I enabled the
necessary apache proxy modules and then I added these lines to my
apache.conf file:

RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^/galaxy$ /galaxy/ [R]
RewriteRule^/galaxy/static/style/(.*)
/myplace/galaxy-dist/static/june_2007_style/blue/$1 [L]
RewriteRule^/galaxy/static/scripts/(.*)
/myplace/galaxy-dist/static/scripts/packed/$1 [L]
RewriteRule^/galaxy/static/(.*)
/myplace/galaxy-dist/static/$1 [L] RewriteRule ^/galaxy/favicon.ico
/myplace/galaxy-dist/static/favicon.ico [L] RewriteRule ^/galaxy/robots.txt
/myplace/galaxy-dist/static/robots.txt [L] RewriteRule ^/galaxy(.*)
http://localhost:8080$1 [P]

...and re-started the apache server without a problem (note: I also tried
it commenting out everything but the first, second and last line in case
there was an issue with the static stuff).

I then made sure the following lines were present and uncommented in my
universe_wsgi.ini file

[filter:proxy-prefix]use = egg:PasteDeploy#prefixprefix =
/galaxy[app:main] filter-with = proxy-prefixcookie_path = /galaxy

I start up Galaxy.  And still, I can only reach it on http://mymachine:8080,
not at http://mymachine/galaxy as I intend.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

-Jeff