On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Ido Tamir <ta...@imp.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I grabbed some xml files from Hannons website for his fastx toolkit (improved
> over galaxys default version).
> Then I created a repository, uploaded the xml files,
> but the toolshed complains that it could not find the tools for
> creating metadata in the xml files.
>
> Could somebody please tell me what the problem is with these files?
> They look like valid tool.xml files to me.
>
> http://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/idot/fastx_toolkit2
> http://i...@toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repos/idot/fastx_toolkit2
>
> thank you very much,
> ido

Hi Ido,

For future reference, there is a Test Tool Shed which is a great
place to upload unfinished tools for basic sanity testing before
publishing them on the Main Tool Shed, see:

http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/

(Note - it is a good idea to register with the same username
on both the main and test toolsheds, i.e. idot in your case.)

As to the immediate problem, I don't recall experiencing
that myself.