On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2013, at 1:14 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> My Firefox is setup to accept cookies until the expire, but not
>> to accept third-party cookies.
>>
>> Do I need to worry about cross-site cookies for my Galaxy server
>> talking to the Main (or Test) Tool Shed?
>>

> Yes, this must be the problem - third-party cookies are used to store
> information between the Galaxy and Tool Shed applications.

Confirmed, I relaxed the 3rd party cookie setting to "from visited",
now I get a new error message which is much easier to understand
(and which I will look at tomorrow):

<quote>
The tool_config_file setting in universe_wsgi.ini must include at
least one shed tool configuration file name with a <toolbox> tag that
includes a tool_path attribute value which is a directory relative to
the Galaxy installation directory in order to automatically install
tools from a Galaxy tool shed (e.g., the file name shed_tool_conf.xml
whose <toolbox> tag is <toolbox tool_path="../shed_tools">).

See the Installation of Galaxy tool shed repository tools into a local
Galaxy instance section of the Galaxy tool shed wiki for all of the
details.
</quote>

Getting back to the cookie problem, perhaps the error message
could use the phrase "third-party cookies" rather than just
plain "cookies"?