Hi Dave

two months is a good time between releases.

Much more important than the release cycle length is fixing identified bugs on the release branch as well.

Regards, Hans-Rudolf

On 08/20/2013 08:36 PM, Dave Clements wrote:
Hello all,

At one of the GCC2013 Birds of a Feather sessions
<http://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Events/GCC2013/BoF/PublicGalaxyServers> the
group was very clear that they would like to see less frequent releases
of Galaxy.  We're currently aiming to do a release every 2 months and
have been pretty successful at making that target.  In the past, we have
tried doing releases more often and less often.

Is there a sweet spot for the time between releases?

Please reply to the group.  We are interested in a discussion.

Thanks,

Dave C

--
http://galaxyproject.org/GCC2013