Curt,

I tried installing the ingtest repository on a local instance of Galaxy, and the requests python module installed without errors. Which revision of Galaxy are you trying to install this repository into, and what kind of environment are you running on that system?

 --Dave B.

On 2013-08-21 19:12, Curt Palm wrote:
I've just created a repository  in the sandbox and have been trying to test the
installation of  a dependency my tool needs.  The tool needs the python module
"requests"  and I've written code. I get an error:
STDERR
python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I've modeled my code on examples I've found in the tool shed.   I've replaced the
requests module with other python  modules and these are installed ok.   I can also
download and  manually install requests with  "python setup.py install"

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

tool_dependencies.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tool_dependency>
     <package name="requests" version="1.2.3">
         <install version="1.0">
             <actions>
                 <action
type="download_by_url">http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/r/requests/requests-1.2.3.tar.gz</action>
                 <action type="make_directory">$INSTALL_DIR/lib/python</action>
                 <action type="make_directory">$INSTALL_DIR/bin</action>
                 <action type="set_environment">
                     <environment_variable name="PYTHONPATH"
action="append_to">$INSTALL_DIR/lib/python</environment_variable>
                     <environment_variable name="PATH"
action="prepend_to">$INSTALL_DIR/bin</environment_variable>
                 </action>
                 <action type="shell_command">python setup.py install --home
$INSTALL_DIR --install-scripts $INSTALL_DIR/bin</action>
             </actions>
         </install>
         <readme>
         </readme>
     </package>
</tool_dependency>

ingTest.xml:

<tool id="ingTest" name="ingTest" version="1.0">
<description>Testing Tool Shed</description>
   <requirements>
        <requirement type="package" version="1.2.3">requests</requirement>
    </requirements>

    <command interpreter="python">

     </command>

     <inputs>