Hi Hans-Rudolf, Adam,

As the BoF page indicates, we decided not to do this, for the reasons
listed on the page.  So, for now, we won't create a separate email list, or
use MailMan topics (which I had high hopes for).

However, we may not be done with this yet.  The plan is still to move
Galaxy-User to the BioStar forum platform.  At that point we will take a
hard look at implementing a Galaxy-Admin forum in BioStar.

As for the September 2013 GalaxyAdmins meetup - it is not going to happen.
This is entirely because I dropped the ball.  Unfortunately, I'm not
optimistic about having one in October either, as I'll be doing workshops
in South Africa for much of that month.

However, if someone wants to take the lead for lining up content for a
September or October meetup please step forward now and Srinivas and I will
do what we can to make it happen.

Thanks,

Dave C

http://galaxyproject.org/