Dave,

The space isn't there in my actual XML file. I must have accidentally
put the space there while constructing the email.

The URL that fails with the 404 error is actually correct (as stated in
my first post). This means that it successfully obtained the URL from
the XML file. So I suspect the problem is somewhere else.

Serrano