Hello Jordi,

user activation feature and other features described at the page you
mentioned are implemented and part of the development galaxy-central (
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central) repository. However they are
not yet part of the official release repository (galaxy-dist -
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist) but the next release which
includes these features is going out soon so stay tuned!
I am sorry about the confusion that I caused by publishing the
documentation before the actual official release without a notice to which
version it applies to.

Thank you for using Galaxy and please let us know what do you think about
the new features!

regards

Marten

p.s. the official test page at https://test.galaxyproject.org/ is running
all of these features, you can test some of them there