On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Björn Grüning
<bjoern.gruen...@pharmazie.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Jim Johnson <johns...@umn.edu> wrote:
>> > Peter,
>> >
>> > It's good news that the description field is available in tabular format.
>> > That has been the primary reason for using the xml format.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> > The tabular format allows use of the task parallel feature.
>>
>> We already support parallel sub-tasks with BLAST XML
>> merge support - but yes this is simpler with tabular output.
>>
>> > I think you have good default options for output format.
>>
>> Great. I'll probably merge the c25 branch and push that
>> to the Test Tool Shed next week (adding the descriptions
>> as a new 25th column to the default extended tabular
>> output).
>
> +1

Done, see this and the preceding commits:
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/commit/eb1e522a864e5274a2d274a49fcb15c313e93d69

And the Test Tool Shed repository has been updated:
http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/peterjc/ncbi_blast_plus/8f9023b30384

We'll also be running this update locally for a little more
testing, but I'd appreciate some of you also testing this,
e.g. via the Test Tool Shed on your own local (development)
Galaxy instances.

If there are no problems, that can probably go out to the
main Tool Shed by the end of the week.

I'll look at the pick-your-own column output for the next
revision of the NCBI BLAST+ wrappers.