On 12/02/2013 11:14 PM, Philippe Moncuquet wrote:
Hi,

I hope this is relevant to the dev list but if it is not please let me know.

I was trying to estimate active users out of our registered users. I
ended counting users that had a job during the last month. How would you
guys do ?

I assume, you are also using the 'report tools'?

In general it is difficult to do the estimate, ie what is the difference between a user who does 5 jobs every month and a user who does 50 jobs at once and then never uses Galaxy again?

Hence, I would count the total number of jobs. Although, again, the number could be misleading, as there are 'big' jobs and 'small' jobs which use different amounts of compute resources, and so on....

During this process I also wanted to see how we were doing in comparison
to other instance. I set up a simple survey and would greatly appreciate
if instance admin would take 2 min to complete it. I will publish
results here (or maybe to some more relevant place, let me know) at the
end of the month.

https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/CD6NN88

done.

Regards, Hans-Rudolf