Hi Peter,

I know that ;)  Still I am curious about the possible solution. Any ideas?

Regards,

Pieter.

From: Peter Cock [mailto:p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com]
Sent: woensdag 18 december 2013 13:31
To: Lukasse, Pieter
Cc: Galaxy Dev
Subject: Re: New Galaxy won't start, SQLite (OperationalError) database is 
locked

Hi Pieter,

Using SQLite is NOT recommended for a production Galaxy,
it is only really used for development and testing (having the
whole database as one file on disk without worrying about
creating a proper database, user accounts etc is nice).

Peter

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013, Lukasse, Pieter wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting this. I am now facing the same error, but I don't get 
it....  For example: normally it appears when I try to change something in the 
DB (e.g. adding a new history), but then suddenly I managed to create one new 
history item....and now it is occurring again. It seems to be a transient 
locked state, so every now and then the lock is released somehow.

Anyway, are there any ideas on what could be a real solution to this problem? 
This is the second Galaxy server I upgrade which now is stuck after the 
upgrade...any help is appreciated!

Thanks and regards,

Pieter.

-----Original Message-----
From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu<javascript:;> 
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu<javascript:;>] On Behalf Of Peter 
Cock
Sent: donderdag 31 oktober 2013 11:54
To: Galaxy Dev
Subject: [galaxy-dev] New Galaxy won't start, SQLite (OperationalError) 
database is locked

Hello all,

While attempting a fresh Galaxy install from both galaxy-central and 
galaxy-dist, I ran into a problem initialising the default SQLite database 
(database/universe.sqlite),

$ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-dist
...
$ cd galaxy-dist
$ ./run.sh
...
galaxy.model.migrate.check DEBUG 2013-10-31 10:28:26,143 pysqlite>=2 egg 
successfully loaded for sqlite dialect Traceback (most recent call last):
...
OperationalError: (OperationalError) database is locked u'PRAGMA 
table_info("dataset")' ()

After some puzzlement, I realised this was down to the file system - I was 
trying this under my home directory mounted via a distributed file system 
(gluster I think).

Repeating the experiment under /tmp on a local hard disk worked :)

(I'm posting this message for future reference; hopefully Google and/or mailing 
list searches will help anyone else facing this error)

Regards,

Peter
___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this and other Galaxy 
lists, please use the interface at:
  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/

___________________________________________________________
Please keep all replies on the list by using "reply all"
in your mail client.  To manage your subscriptions to this
and other Galaxy lists, please use the interface at:
  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

To search Galaxy mailing lists use the unified search at:
  http://galaxyproject.org/search/mailinglists/

Reply via email to