Hi, Galaxy Developers,

I have searched the wiki and the mailing list and I can't seem to find an
answer to this question (if there is a wiki page or a post that I missed, I
apologize).  Presumably there is a preferred way to do what I'm trying to
do.

I basically want to make some small cosmetic changes to Galaxy's CSS
styling (base.css).  These are very minor, and all involve overriding
existing styles.  I've successfully done this by copying the 'blue' theme,
making my changes, and re-routing this though apache's redirect, for
example:

RewriteRule ^/static/style/(.*)
/group/galaxy_test/galaxy-dist/static/MyCustom/$1

This is all find and good.  It works.  The problem is when I update
galaxy.  Things get kind of stagnant and changes from the repository are
not propaged into my custom style.

I noticed that there appear to be some theme generation script capabilities
in galaxy-dist/static/style, for example make_style.py.  There also appears
to be some color stub ini file (blue_colors.ini).  Whenever I try to launch
make_style.py, it bombs out with:

"NOTE: This script is no longer used for generating stylesheets"
Invoking 'make INI=blue_colors.ini OUT=blue' instead.

The execution of the referred to command fails with a parse errors on
base.less and reset.less.

So, I guess my question is:

Is there a preferred method to override existing styling in base.css (of
the blue template) such that modifications to the default style are merged
in from Mercurial?

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.  Thank you so much
I wish you a wonderful day.

Dan Sullivan