Just to clarify do you want to access them from Galaxy web server code
or from a Galaxy tool wrapper written in Python?

Nearly every part of the Galaxy source code has access to app and
everything inside of it, for instance all controller methods take in a
trans variable that contains a reference to app (trans.app).

I suspect you want to access it from a tool wrapper though? This is
not possible. If this is the case - what are you hoping to accomplish?
Do you want to access to the all_fasta data table information in the
example?

-John