I don't know of a way to accomplish what you are describing with the
tool framework - without prepopulating static files with all of the
data you will need - and even then I am not exactly sure what to do.
But it sounds like you would like to fetch this data from a database
or web service of some kind dynamically - so that doesn't sound like a
good path. More details however would help formulate a better
response.

My guess is a tool is not an ideal abstraction that you should be
using right here - you could write a local extension to Galaxy to do
this or you can write a data source and corresponding data source tool
(https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Internals/Data%20Sources).
Though some people have done really creative things with the tool
framework so I could be totally wrong, hopefully if someone else has
an idea they will speak up.

If you want to write a local extension to Galaxy you can look at some
the controllers in lib/galaxy/webapps/galaxy/controllers/ and write
your own that would have actions for displaying a form to collect the
data and update the page with details, as well as one to perform the
import, and you will need to write mako templates to describe your
pages (in templates/webapps/galaxy). You could do the import using the
existing structures in Galaxy or target the API. Regardless this will
be a lot of work.

Another possibility is to drive this entire process from an external
webapp either existing (is something being used to manage this data
you targeting) or a new one in whatever web programming environment
you are most comfortable with.

faster - I would need to know where you are getting them from and what
method you are currently using to copy them.

I hope this helps.

-John