Hello Peter,

I'm also sure we could enhance hte twill code to use the dictionary approach
used in the API based testing.  However, pervasive use of Javascript is being
introduced into the Galaxy code base at a fast pace and twill does not work
with Javascript.  So clearly the use of twill for functional testing in Galaxy
will have to be eliminated although I'm not aware of any formal plans to do so.
  All of the tool shed functional tests and the tool shed's install and test
framework use twill as well, so I'll be working to eliminate its use in those
frameworks as soon as possible.

John has been working on some pieces of the puzzle for eliminating twill (e.g.,
the API based testing), but I assume there is significant work left to
completely eliminate the use of twill.

So perhaps we should plan to continue to add enhancements like this to the
twill framework even though we'll have to soon eliminate it due to Javascript.
I'm not sure if others agree with this though.

Greg Von Kuster