Got it.  We dropped the simplejson egg during the last release (and any you
find are holdovers from previous versions of galaxy) in favor of the stdlib
module.  The relevant module from your find would have been
simplejson-2.1.1, and the rest are unrelated.

If possible, I'd *really* recommend updating the python version on those
nodes as future galaxy developments and tools may count on python 2.6+ (and
not just for json, but syntax changes) being available.  Other than that,
for those affected tools, you may want to manually revert the changes in
revision 11967:0c5e20558f6b and add simplejson back into your galaxy.

That said, I'm working on adding the "anyjson" dependency that will allow
json to fail through to any installed json library (whether stdlib,
simplejson, etc), and that'll be available in galaxy-central reasonably
soon.