Hmm... I can import older workflows on usegalaxy.org so I don't think
it is a general problem with all workflows as a part of the latest
release. That said I don't know what the problem is - if it is a bug
with a new release or a problem with one of your tools etc....

If I had to guess I would say you updated a tool has been updated
changing its "interface" without changing its version? Can you send
the list (or me) the workflow and any custom tool XML files it uses?
Do you still have access to the original Galaxy instance with the
workflow in it - if you could try to trim the number of steps down and
retry until it works or try a completely new workflow that might help
track down the particular circumstances surrounding the problem.

-John