Daniel,

I've been using the purge scripts in cron jobs for a long time now;
unless I missed something on that page, what I'm looking for is
something slightly different -- rather than purging datasets marked as
old/deleted/whatever in the Galaxy db, I want to find files that
*aren't* in the Galaxy db but still exist on the filesystem.