Hi all,

       Following the instruction on
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/ApacheProxy to use Apache as proxy
for Galaxy, I got stuck to put directives into the configuration file.
       The steps I took include:

1.       install apache2: sudo apt-get install apache2

2.       install modules mod_proxy, mod_http_proxy and mod_rewrite to support
proxying

a.       check if mod are already enabled using: apache2ctl -M

b.      install: sudo a2enmod rewrite, sudo a2enmod proxy, sudo a2enmod
proxy_http

3.       give galaxy permission to the apache user

a.       find out the user who runs apache: ps -ef | grep apache  and find out
it is www-data

b.      find out groups galaxy belong: groups galaxy => galaxy

c.       add user www-data to group galaxy: sudo usermod -a -G galaxy www-data
I believe that I have completed the job required above the "Basic
configuration" section.
I tried the first example:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://localhost:8080$1 [P]
      I tried to add them to 1) the main conf file: apache2.conf, 2) newly
generated httpd.conf by myself under /etc/apache2 folder and 3) newly generated
.htaccess file under /etc/apache2/conf.d folder, and none of them gave me the
luck.
      I used "sudo service apache2 restart" after every time I tried. There is
a warning " Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName". When I type the address "127.0.0.1" or
"127.0.1.1", both of them only gave me the default apache home page, not the
Galaxy page. Of course the Galaxy is running on the same server.
      Could anyone give me some clue to continue?

Best regards!
Jun