I have many jobs stuck in the 'new' state on our local Galaxy instance.  The
jobs can't be stopped using the Admin->Manage jobs tool.  First, does anyone
know why a job would get stuck in the 'new' state for weeks?  I have cleaned
things up by manually setting their states to 'error' in the MySQL database.
Is there a better way of dealing with 'new' jobs?

BTW, our Galaxy instance was updated about two weeks ago.

Wondering,
David Hoover
Helix Systems Staff