Thanks!

I was able to side-step most of the fetch failures by copying the eggs by
hand into the eggs folder (copying them from an old galaxy-dist) or
installing them using pip. I have not applied the patch to test it, sorry.
I'll try it when I update.

My troubles started from trying to install MACS2 on a galaxy-dist of OSX.
It has several dependencies. Looking back, it appears that the problem was
that the OSX system python did NOT have the readlines support compiled in.
Thus, the homebrew version python I configured with readlines. Only after
the painful workaround, did I notice that there was a readlines library in
the toolshed, but I'm not sure if that would have fixed the problem or not.

Joshua Udall (295 WIDB)
Brigham Young University
685 E. University Parkway
Plant and Wildlife Science Depart.