Greetings,

I am trying to add a new datatype in our Galaxy install to represent a TAR file
(we are trying to add a custom tool that produces a tarball of its output).

Is it possible to create a datatype of a TAR file (or ZIP, BZIP, GZIP, or any
other type of compressed file)? If so, what settings need to be used with
creating the XML instance of the new datatype in datatypes_conf.xml.