On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Smithies, Russell
<russell.smith...@agresearch.co.nz> wrote:
> Not sure if I've overlooked a setting somewhere, but is it possible to
> customize or tweak the job descriptions that are displayed in the history?

The Galaxy user can manually edit them (or do this in a workflow).
The Galaxy tool authors have some control as well, e.g. $on_string

> Eg. "Compute sequence length on data 1" isn't very descriptive, but if
> perhaps the annotation field or a description field could be added it would
> make identification much easier eg. "Compute sequence length on data 1
> [Burkholderia pseudomallei K96243]" or even for datatypes that have a
> defined definition line, perhaps a mouse-over hover could be added with the
> accession or definition pulled from the input file? These mouse-over hovers
> are already used to identify the view, edit, and delete icons so no
> additional libraries wold be used.
>
> I could probably hack something up but thought it better to try and get the
> feature included.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanx,

There's been some past discussion of this from a tool developer
perspective, e.g. https://trello.com/c/JnhOEqow and
http://dev.list.galaxyproject.org/Using-input-dataset-names-in-output-dataset-names-td4662481.html

See also the "Inheritance Chain" accessed via the "i" icon of
a dataset in your history. That might be tool much for a tooltip :(

Regards,