Hi Brad

I have a hacky shell script that I use to do rolling restarts of our local server:

https://github.com/pjbriggs/galaxy-admin-utils/blob/master/rolling-restart.sh

Generally it works okay here but you would have to check how it fits into your local setup. I can't guarantee that it's 100% robust.

We have multiple web processes so the service appears to be uninterrupted, although obviously you can get anomalies e.g. when some web processes know about a new tool but others don't.

HTH

Best wishes, Peter