Hi,

we recently activated the feature for non admin users which allows them to
upload a directory of files:

# Add an option to the library upload form which allows authorized
# non-administrators to upload a directory of files.  The configured directory
# must contain sub-directories named the same as the non-admin user's Galaxy
# login ( email ).  The non-admin user is restricted to uploading files or
# sub-directories of files contained in their directory.
#user_library_import_dir = None
user_library_import_dir = /opt/galaxy/galaxy-share/

However we would like to restrict the permission to only link to their files
without copying them into galaxy, is this possible?

Greetings, Thomas

---

Thomas Berner

Julius Kühn-Institut (JKI)
- Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants - Erwin Baur-Straße 27
06484 Quedlinburg
- Germany -

Phone: ++49  ( 0 ) 3946  47  562
EMail: thomas.ber...@jki.bund.de