Thanks.  Finally it worked!!  I pass the solution:
My python file:
import sys,os

def __main__():

# Command to run GEM tool. Here the Gem indexer is getting invoked along
with arguments to be passed.

        cmd="gem-indexer -i "+sys.argv[1]+" -o "+sys.argv[2]
        os.system(cmd)
        name_gem=sys.argv[2]+".gem"
        os.rename(name_gem,sys.argv[2])

if __name__ == "__main__" : __main__()