Il 2014-04-09 17:00 Sanka, Ravi ha scritto:
Greetings,

I am adding a new tool to our in-house Galaxy, which has a few string
inputs. I have made each one a text param in the XML, but want to
ensure that the user does not leave any empty when he executes the
tool.

How can I do this? I tried setting the optional field of each text
param to false, but that doesn't work since, technically, an empty
string still counts as a string.

Is there a minimum length setting I can enforce?

Hi Ravi,
you should use a validator, as in the following example:

<param name="rgid" type="text" label="Read group identifier (ID)">
    <validator type="empty_field" />
</param>

Best,
Nicola