The API interface is translating my parameters into python repr strings instead
of actual strings.

A command that should look like this:
createPrimerFile.py
/minilims/galaxy-data/primerTemplates/nextera.2x.primers.fasta NNNNNN NNNNNN >
/slipstream/galaxy/production/data/files/020/dataset_20664.dat

is getting run as this:
createPrimerFile.py
/minilims/galaxy-data/primerTemplates/nextera.2x.primers.fasta
__lt__galaxy.tools.parameters.basic.RuntimeValue object at 0x792be10__gt__
NNNNNN > /slipstream/galaxy/production/data/files/020/dataset_20728.dat

The input table in the tool info page is:
Input Parameter Value   Note for rerun
chemistry type: <galaxy.tools.parameters.basic.RuntimeValue object at
0x7fee4425ca10>
First barcode   NNNNNN
Second (optional) barcode       NNNNNN

I’m running a slightly out of date version of Galaxy (I think it is change set
11080:87b586afb054) because this is BioTeam’s Slipstream appliance. Is there
any chance this is a known bug? I didn’t see anything in Trello, but I’m really
not sure I’ve got the hang of Trello yet.

Thanks
-john