Hi Robert,

I'm not sure that is a good idea - the existing upload tool gets
special treatment in many places in Galaxy (e.g. turning a history
into a workflow), and is itself being partly replaced with the newer
Galaxy work (there's a little icon above the tool panel to import
data).

Peter

P.S. Don't forget to CC the galaxy-dev list.