I had the same concern, and heard that this is being worked on.

Meanwhile I’m using a rolling restart method from pjbriggs

https://github.com/pjbriggs/galaxy-admin-utils/

I’m pretty happy with this (desipite the 2 minute restart per worker) because
users do not see any interruption during restarts as they did before.

Brad
--
Brad Langhorst, Ph.D.
Applications and Product Development Scientist