Hello Evan,

You're referring to an object we call a ToolSectionLabel, and I don't believe
that the Galaxy framework supports creating these objects automatically in real
time.  You have to manually add them to one of your tool panel configs (e.g.,
tool_conf.xml, shed_tool_conf.xml, etc) via an editor.  For example, the
<label> tag in the following example tool_conf.xml file will display a label
with the text "Get some data…" in the Galaxy tool panel.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<toolbox>
    <label id="get_data" text="Get some data..." version="" />
    <section id="getext" name="Get Data" version="">
        <tool id="upload1" />
    </section>
</toolbox>

Since the Galaxy framework doesn't support real time addition of section labels
in the tool panel, the Tool Shed installation process doesn't either.  However,
if the ability to do this is needed, we can open a Trello card for it.  Just
let us know.

Thanks,

Greg Von Kuster