Hi Evan,

Sorry I somehow missed that in your original message - here is a Trello card
for enhancing the Galaxy API for the Tool Shed.  I'll get to this as soon as I
can.

https://trello.com/c/4VktpvTd/207-enhance-the-galaxy-api-for-the-tool-shed-to-allow-uninstalling-a-repository

Greg Von Kuster

On May 23, 2014, at 2:04 PM, Evan Bollig <boll0...@umn.edu> wrote:

> Hey Greg,
>
> I see that option in the galaxy web UI, but I am working from the
> command line and scripting against your toolshed web api. Its the api
> that is missing the uninstall option for repositories/tools.
>
> https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/ToolShedApi
>
> Cheers,
>
> -E
> -Evan Bollig
> Research Associate | Application Developer | User Support Consultant
> Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
> 599 Walter Library
> 612 624 1447
> e...@msi.umn.edu
> boll0...@umn.edu
>

> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
>> Hello Evan,
>>
>> When installing "tools" into Galaxy from the Tool Shed, you are actually
>> installing Tool Shed repositories that contain tools, among other things
>> (e.g., custom datatypes, exported workflows and other Galaxy utilities).
>> The Galaxy UI does provide the ability to unistall, but it is at the
>> repository level, just like installing is.  You'll need to use the "Manage
>> installed tool shed repositories" option from the Admin perspective.  The
>> list of installed repositories each provide a pop-up menu to that includes
>> options to uninstall.
>>
>> Greg Von Kuster
>>

>> On May 23, 2014, at 1:34 PM, Evan Bollig <boll0...@umn.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> I notice that the galaxy web api for installing tools from the
>>> toolshed does not include any entrypoint for uninstalling tools. This
>>> must be intentional, but what was the motivation to leave this out?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> -Evan Bollig
>>> Research Associate | Application Developer | User Support Consultant
>>> Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
>>> 599 Walter Library
>>> 612 624 1447
>>> e...@msi.umn.edu