Hi Peter,

     I am afraid that the link you gave me could not solve the problem. The
question I asked is about the help element, not the label attribute for data
element.
     To clarify my question, here is the code which does not work, but shows
what I intend to do:
<conditional name="blast">
        <param name="type" type="select" label="BLAST type">
                <option value="blastn">BLASTN</option>
                <option value="blastp">BLASTP</option>
        </param>
        <when value="blastn">
                <help>BLAST DNA against DNA</help>
                <param...>
        </when>
        <when value="blastp">
                <help>BLAST protein against protein</help>
                <param...>
        </when>
</conditional>
      I tried to set the help content according to the selected type, which
works like a section header to the following param list.
      Obviously this does not work. Then I tried a less-fancy way by providing
static help context by adding <help> under select param like
        <param name="type" type="select" label="BLAST type">
                <help>BLASTN: BLAST DNA against DNA, BLASTP: BLAST protein
against protein</help>
                <option value="blastn">BLASTN</option>
      Of course it works but in an ugly formatting text. Is there any document
to format it nicely, e.g. a list?

Best regards!
Jun