Thanks to everyone for their input.

John, your explanation was excellent.  I completely agree with the
implementation of galaxy as it stands now (with a minor documentation warning
about default mysql engine switch in v5.5).  Personally, I either place trust
in the ORM to maintain referential integrity or I offload it to the DB Engine.
Hence, I will keep the MyISAM tables going for now after I do some validation
against an InnoDB database (please no MyISAM engine hate-mail LOL).

With respect to dropping MySQL support, I will let that one go by for now LOL.
Thanks again for your contributions and maintenance of this great platform.  I
feel that it will be a game changer in the bioinformatics community.

Regards,

Iyad Kandalaft
Microbial Biodiversity Bioinformatics
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada | Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
960 Carling Ave.| 960 Ave. Carling
Ottawa, ON| Ottawa (ON) K1A 0C6
E-mail Address / Adresse courriel  iyad.kandal...@agr.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-759-1228
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-759-1701
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 613-773-2600