Hi Melissa,

Galaxy expects history datasets to be read only, so the best
option (in term of this data model) might be a (read only)
SQLite database (since it is just a single file on disk). They
could have multiple such databases in their history or
histories.

If you want the user to have just one database and update
it, then things are rather different... I'll let one of the Galaxy
team comment.

Peter