Hey Carlos,

  Have you made any progress on this, I have never heard of this
behavior but at the same time it does not surprise tremendously
either. How large is the workflow? If large - you will almost
certainly want to make sure you are using a Postgres database server
instead of sqlite. Likewise if you don't have a proxy like nginx or
Apache setup that might help.

You can checkout the following page for more information on scaling up Galaxy:
https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Config/Performance/ProductionServer

  What version of Galaxy are you using?

Thanks for using Galaxy and good luck,
-John