Hi Greg,

Sorry about that, toolshed development hasn't been very visible in my
view of galaxy thus far, so it seemed like asking someone who knew would
be the fastest route here. I'll ensure my future inquires go to galaxy-dev.

On 07/15/2014 02:18 PM, Greg Von Kuster wrote:
> Hello Eric,
>
> Please use Biostar or the Galaxy dev mail list rather than individual email
> addresses in order to ensure faster responses.  Pleasse see my responses
> below.
>
> On Jul 14, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Eric Rasche <rasche.e...@yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> Howdy Greg,
>
> Since there isn't really a public/published roadmap and you're the
> toolshed guy, I'm emailing to see if I can find out what's in the
> toolshed's future.
>
>> The tool shed Trello board at https://trello.com/b/vHqpKpZF/galaxy-tool-shed
>> is the roadmap for the Tool Shed.  Just like the Galaxy Development Trello
>> board, you should be able to add new cards to the Inbox, and vote on
>> existing cards to raise their priority.  Please let us know if you are not
>> able to do these things.

I was not aware that a trello board even existed for the toolshed, that
would have answered some of these.

(It might be good to have it mentioned more than once on the wiki,
perhaps under "Toolshed" and not just under "Issues")

> Specifically, I'm wondering if there will be API calls for the following
> things:
>
> - creating repositories
>
>> I've added the following Trello card for the above feature.  However, it is
>> currently possible to create new repositories via the API by importing a
>> repository capsule (i.e., ~/api/repositories/import_capsule).
>
>> https://trello.com/c/cUUWeBCi/234-enhance-the-api-to-enable-creation-of-new-repositories
>
> - obtaining a list of categories
>
>> The above was introduced in the June 2, 2014 release, so, for example, the
>> following will work.
>
>> https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/api/categories

Are any of these API changes documented outside of
mercurial/DevNewsBriefs (trello)?

My go-to locations for documentation are the wiki and readthedocs.

Neither https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/ToolShedApi
or
http://galaxy-dist.readthedocs.org/en/latest/lib/galaxy.webapps.tool_shed.api.html

has up-to-date documentation. Is there another place I should be looking
for static, complete toolshed API information?

> - obtaining category information within the /api/repositories call
>
>> I've added the following Trello card for this feature.
>
>> https://trello.com/c/n7P0GE1P/235-enhance-the-api-repositories-feature

Thanks!

> Cheers,
> Eric