From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu [galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu]
on behalf of John Chilton [jmchil...@gmail.com]
Sent: July 16, 2014 8:46 AM
To: neil.burd...@csiro.au
Cc: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Download URL needs user to be logged in first

I am not really sure what link you are referring to - can you tell me
how you found this link? "History -> Export to file" or is it via the
API?

Regardless, if you trust your users and want to disable security
mechanisms I believe (and I could be wrong) you should be able to by
finding the relevant controllers in Galaxy and changing either the
decorator to allow anonymous access or changing the checks on the
histories/datasets to disable checking if the supplied user is
authorized. Though this will make everyones data available to everyone
else (or the world if this is a publicly accessible Galaxy instance).

-John