So far I have been trying to avoid this, but I would like to see
packaged pycurl on the toolshed now.

This is where my package sits:
https://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/repository?repository_id=534efefdbab02103

and this is the error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "setup.py", line 563, in
<module> ext = get_extension() File "setup.py", line 368, in
get_extension ext_config = ExtensionConfiguration() File "setup.py",
line 65, in __init__ self.configure() File "setup.py", line 93, in
configure_unix CURL_CONFIG = scan_argv("--curl-config=", CURL_CONFIG)
File "setup.py", line 42, in scan_argv assert p, arg AssertionError:
--curl-config=

and this is why it should be arising:

   python setup.py build --with-ssl --curl-config=$CURL &amp;&amp;

$CURL being empty.

A local installation with the commands as in the tool_dependencies.xml
doe generate $INSTALL_DIR/install-destination/bin/curl-config which
should then be set to $CURL.

Is there a way to check the logs, something I attempted by doing this:
    <action type="shell_command">echo $INSTALL_DIR</action>
     <action type="shell_command">echo $CURL</action>

Or any alternate way to debug?

On 29 April 2014 14:25, Saket Choudhary <sake...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> contain them and repositories that contain tools that depend upon them.  The
>> reason the following list is short is because starting up a new Galaxy
>> instance should be as simple as cloning it and starting it up with run.sh.
>>
>> autoconf
>> automake
>> autotools-dev
>> build-essential
>> cmake
>> git-core
>> libatlas-base-dev
>> libblas-dev
>> liblapack-dev
>> libc6-dev
>> mercurial
>> python2.6
>> python2.6-dev
>> pkg-config
>> subversion
>> python-dev
>> python-pip
>>

>> Greg Von Kuster
>>

>> On Apr 29, 2014, at 4:34 PM, Saket Choudhary <sake...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bjoern,
>>
>> There is no script installed, I generally just do this on my local system
>> $ python setup.py build --with-ssl
>> $ python setup.py install
>>
>> The documentation mentions the following options:
>> PycURL Unix options:
>> --curl-config=/path/to/curl-config  use specified curl-config binary
>> --openssl-dir=/path/to/openssl/dir  path to OpenSSL headers and libraries
>> --with-ssl                          libcurl is linked against OpenSSL
>> --with-gnutls                       libcurl is linked against GnuTLS
>> --with-nss                          libcurl is linked against NSS
>>

>> Saket
>>
>> On 29 April 2014 23:31, Björn Grüning <bjoern.gruen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Saket,
>>
>> is there any script installed with that package? --install-scripts may be
>> needed. Also I'm wondering if there is no dependency on curl-lib?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bjoern
>>
>> Am 29.04.2014 19:16, schrieb Saket Choudhary:
>>

>> Any comments on this?
>> http://testtoolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/saketkc/package_pycurl_7_19_3_1
>>
>> On 17 April 2014 19:54, Saket Choudhary <sake...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> My attempt to 'package' pycurl on testtoolshed fails with the following
>> error:
>>
>> src/pycurl.c: In function ‘do_multi_info_read’: src/pycurl.c:3549:15:
>> warning: call to ‘_curl_easy_getinfo_err_string’ declared with
>> attribute warning: curl_easy_getinfo expects a pointer to char * for
>> this info [enabled by default] src/pycurl.c: In function
>> ‘do_curl_getinfo’: src/pycurl.c:2888:19: warning: call to
>> ‘_curl_easy_getinfo_err_curl_slist’ declared with attribute warning:
>> curl_easy_getinfo expects a pointer to struct curl_slist * for this
>> info [enabled by default] error: could not create
>> '/usr/local/share/doc': Permission denied
>>

>> A local install worked fine. Is this because of libcurl-devel missing

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tool_dependency>
    <package name="pycurl" version="7.19.3.1">
        <readme>
            This Galaxy Tool shed package installs pycurl(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycurl)
            package.

            The corresponding PYTHONPATH is accessible via PYTHONPATH_PYCURL

            Developmental version is hosted on Github:  https://github.com/saketkc/galaxy_tools/packages/package_pycurl_7_19_3_1/
        </readme>
        <install version="1.0">
            <actions>
                <action type="download_by_url">http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.36.0.tar.gz</action>
                <action type="shell_command">mkdir install-destination</action>
                <action type="shell_command">./configure --with-ssl --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR/install-destination</action>
                <action type="shell_command">make all</action>
                <action type="shell_command">make install</action>
                <action type="set_environment">
                    <environment_variable name="PATH" action="prepend_to">$INSTALL_DIR/install-destination</environment_variable>
                    <environment_variable name="CURL" action="set_to">$INSTALL_DIR/install-destination/bin/curl-config</environment_variable>
                </action>
                <action type="shell_command">echo $INSTALL_DIR</action>
                <action type="shell_command">echo $CURL</action>
            </actions>

            <actions>
                <action type="download_by_url">https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pycurl/pycurl-7.19.3.1.tar.gz</action>
                <action type="make_directory">$INSTALL_DIR/lib/python</action>
                <action type="shell_command">
                    export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$INSTALL_DIR/lib/python &amp;&amp;
                    python setup.py build --with-ssl --curl-config=$CURL &amp;&amp;
                    python setup.py install --install-lib $INSTALL_DIR/lib/python
                </action>
                <action type="set_environment">
                    <environment_variable action="append_to" name="PYTHONPATH">$INSTALL_DIR/lib/python</environment_variable>
                    <environment_variable action="set_to" name="PYTHONPATH_PYCURL">$INSTALL_DIR/lib/python</environment_variable>
                </action>
            </actions>
        </install>
    </package>