Thanks for the bug report. I would say that sounds like it should be
easy to fix - but the last time there was a tool grouping bug - it
took multiple of us hours (days in some cases I think) of
investigation to figure it out - so I have created a Trello card to
track progress on this https://trello.com/c/l9bjV0vT.

-John