https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/picard
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/devteam/sam_merge

 --Dave B.

On 2014-08-30 08:13, Lukasse, Pieter wrote:
Hi Melissa,

See also

https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/pieterlukasse/prims_masscomb
or
https://toolshed.g2.bx.psu.edu/view/pieterlukasse/prims_proteomics

Regards,

Pieter.

-----Original Message-----
From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Cock
Sent: zaterdag 30 augustus 2014 4:32
To: Melissa Cline
Cc: Galaxy Dev
Subject: Re: [galaxy-dev] Examples of Galaxy tools in the toolsheds that
install and run JAR files properly?

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Melissa Cline <cl...@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm attempting something that should be straightforward, but it's not.
I have a tool that runs a JAR file, which I have bundled with the
tool.  I simply want to run the JAR file.  And to paraphrase Thomas
Edison, I've tried several thousand things that do not work (at least
for me), from setting the JAVA_JAR_PATH environment variable in the
tool_dependencies.xml file to trying to copy the JAR file into the
tool-data/shared/jars subdirectories (which is the closest thing I've
got to working).  So, at long last I'm doing the sensible thing and
looking for one simple working example that I can use as a template.
Who can suggest a good toolshed tool (either main or test) that
involves running its own JAR file, and that works?

Thanks!

Melissa

Here are a couple of my wrappers for Java tools, but I would suggest you invoke
the Java script with an absolute path to the JAR file:

$ java -jar ...

Here is two examples done via a Python wrapper script (mainly used for pre or
post processing the data files):

https://github.com/peterjc/pico_galaxy/tree/master/tools/effectiveT3
https://github.com/peterjc/galaxy_blast/tree/master/tools/blast2go

For EffectiveT3 which is open source and can therefore be easily redistributed,
I set an environment variable EFFECTIVET3 for the location of the Jar file,
which is used to invoke it via Java:

$ java -jar ...

For the Blast2GO wrapper, I require the person installing it setup an
environment variable B2G4PIPE pointing at the folder with the JAR file. Older
versions of this tool you be launched with the same -jar approach, but the
current release requires setting a class path instead:

$ java -cp ...

I hope that helps, if not there are bound to be other Java examples in the
ToolShed.