On a local instance of Galaxy, I get this error when attempting to
reset my password:

Failed to reset password: (501, '5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax',
'galaxy-no-reply@10.32.16.121')

I am told my mail server requires the from address to either have a
domain name, or the IP address to be in brackets (e.g.,
[10.32.16.121]). Is there an option to configure the from address
format, or override the address?

If there are no configuration options, what files would I need to
modify to add brackets? The domain name is not an option.

Cheers,
-Evan Bollig
Research Associate | Application Developer | User Support Consultant
Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
599 Walter Library
612 624 1447
e...@msi.umn.edu