I have no issue with supporting this in general - but the
implementation I think is a bit more tricky than it would seem. The
test framework doesn't know if Galaxy would uncompress zipped files or
not - I think the only way to reason about that in the abstract is to
actually upload the file to Galaxy unfortunately. So I guess we could
try something like compare the contents - if not matching and the test
target is compressed - decompress and retry. I've created a Trello
card - https://trello.com/c/ebdBkezi.

Thanks for the suggestion,
-John